Composite windows & doors
The smart alternative to vinyl
We developed a material that is 2x as strong as vinyl, performs better when exposed to extreme temperatures and delivers exteriors that won't fade, flake, blister or peel. We call it Fibrex® material. It's made up of reclaimed wood fiber and thermoplastic polymer that is fused together and is unique to Andersen.
What Is Fibrex® Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex® material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
*See individual product warranties for more information.
Why materials matter
Materials are one way that we've led the industry in innovation. Explore the ways we use different materials and find out why.
Renewal by Andersen makes replacement easy.
- Hassle-free from start to finish
- Installation by pros that care about your home as much as you do
- Financing available
- Ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Window and Patio Door Manufacturer Brands, 3 Years in a Row, by J.D. Power †
The Andersen Difference
Whether you're renovating your home or building from the ground up, we've got what you're looking for. When you choose Andersen, we not only provide you with high-performing, dependable products, we support them with exceptional service. New windows and doors can be a major investment, but if you choose wisely, you're rewarded with better light, comfort, added security and energy efficiency. When it comes to making such an important decision, make sure you go with a brand you can trust.